We offer routine surgical care such as:
- Spay (Ovariohysterectomy) - removal of the reproductive organs in female dogs and cats.
- Neuter (Orchiectomy) - removal of the testicles in male dogs and cats.
- Declaw (under 6 months of age - front only) - surgical removal of the nail and part of the toe on cats.
- Skin tumor removal
- Most abdominal procedures
- For most complex orthopedic or complex abdominal cases, you will be referred to a board certified specialist at either Michigan Veterinary Specialists or Michigan State University.
- To ensure that your pet receives the best quality care, if your pet gets a disease or injury that needs special care, we will refer you to a board certified specialist, such as: cardiologists, oncologists, ophthalmologists, dermatologists and neurologists.
We have a wide range of equipment to ensure that your pet is as safe as possible while undergoing a surgical procedure.
Our monitoring equipment includes:
- Pulse Oximeter - measures the oxygen saturation in the blood.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) - records the electrical activity of the heart and pulse rate.
- Respiration monitor - reports when the animal takes a breath.
- Doppler blood pressure - monitors the pet's blood pressure.
- Heated OR table - to keep the pets warm during the procedure.
- Isoflurane gas anesthetic - safe gas to maintain a pet under anesthesia, as used in humans.
- Anesthetic scavenging system - insures that your pet does not breathe the carbon dioxide that it exhales.
- Separate surgical suite - we have a separate room for surgery that is maintained to the highest possible standards.